This outstanding property on 10 acres (approx.) in Pearcedale is an exemplar of mid-century. Designed by architects Cocks and Carmichael in the mid 1970s, it may be Australia's first ever home built to be energy independent. Water is pumped and then warmed on the roof, whilst energy is collected by 16 solar panels and stored in batteries within the home. All living rooms face north where deciduous trees shade and protect with cool breezes in the summer and allow heat to penetrate walls of glass in the winter. Bespoke furniture in mountain ash features throughout whilst twin double bathrooms stand the test of time. A masterclass takes place in the kitchen with cutting-edge cabinetry, fixings and luxury finishes complimenting high-end appliances. A one-bedroom self-contained barn, stables, a hazelnut orchard, two dams and complete privacy await an appreciation of design and a patient hand prepared to enhance the vision begun 40 years ago.
* 10 acres of landscaped gardens, dams, orchards and approx 600 hazelnut trees.
* Australia's 1st independently powered modern home
* Architect-designed by Cocks and Carmichael
* Gourmet kitchen with Aga, Miele & Liebherr fridges
* 1-bedroom self-contained cottage
* Stables with storage and workspace
* Bespoke mountain ash furniture throughout
* Master with double en suite & wisteria terrace
* 4 water tanks, 16 solar panels, pumped water
* 2 living rooms with wood fire, library & 2 atriums
* Close to outstanding public & private schools
* 50 minutes to Melbourne & short drive to shops
Photo I.D. required at Open for Inspections